- installed an outdoor clothes dryer (the old umbrella style) and use it almost exclusively for drying our laundry
- switched our kitchen spotlights, kitchen ceiling fan lights, and one bathroom's light fixture to CFL bulbs
- signed up for a time-of-use plan with our electric company
- turned off unnecessary items during our peak hours of noon-7pm
- washed dishes by hand instead of using the dishwasher
- Freecycled some unused items
- I've also tried to be more conscious of where our food comes from, try to reduce our food miles where possible, and make more items from scratch.
- raised the thermostat to 85F during the day and 82F at night
- turn off my computer with the outlet strip
- unplugged the washing machine and dryer when not in use
- unplugged the percolator when not in use
- used my solar oven to prepare a meal
Our municipal recycling program doesn't accept glass, but there are several drop-offs throughout the city, so I am going to designate a box in the garage for glass recycling and drop off when it is full. I also want to do this for batteries.
I'm also putting in a garden this year, but I'm in a planting black hole until mid-July, so I'll be posting more on that as I get stuff planted.
So, that's where I stand right now. I'll be posting more as I complete more projects.